Staying motivated is the mantra of keeping fit. That is why our friends, our co-workers, our relatives motivate us to keep going, and not to give up. Sometimes, though, you ask, “Why? Why try my hardest when it ends in disappointment? Why go through something when it?s going to hurt? Why?” The answer is simple. You can?t accomplish anything that you give up on. Disappointments and failures happen to everyone. The difference between those who reach their goals and those who don?t is staying motivated. If you?re motivated, you?ll keep going. If you keep going, eventually you?ll reach your goal.
Need more reasons? Here are 8 of our ?hidden? reasons to stay motivated. Use one or all of them to keep the fire burning inside you.
1. Gives you purpose: Every once in a while, we need a good reason to get out of bed. Here it is, right in front of you. Eat the healthy breakfast that?s going to jump start your day, go for your morning jog, or walk to the driveway and grab the newspaper. When you?re motivated, you have a reason to do what you do.
2. Fit into that dress: It?s been hanging up in your closet for two years now, just waiting to be thrown on for a night on the town. All it takes is to go that extra mile and stay on track. Before you know it, those two years will be ancient history.
3. Make the week easier: Ever felt like a week was taking forever? It feels like Friday, but it?s only Tuesday? This happens when you?re not working towards anything. When you have a goal in mind, you?ll want to cook that healthy dinner or go to the gym. The week will not only go faster, but be more enjoyable.
4. Confidence: How did it feel after that first jog around the block? Or when you finally walked the stairs at work without losing your breath? The more you accomplish, the more you?ll believe in yourself.
5. Power of momentum: It?s a scientific fact ? something in motion tends to stay in motion. Momentum builds quickly and can lead to great results. Suddenly, you?re not only working for the goal, but also to keep your streak alive. Even more reason to reach your goals.
6. The ?wow? effect: Picture this: Walking into a bar, you run into someone from high school, and their eyes light up. They gasp, “Wow, you look great!” By sticking with your goals, this can happen. Watch the “wows” add up.
7. Inspire others: When friends and family see how hard you?re working, they?ll wonder how they can reach their own goals. Guess who they?re going to look to for help? By staying motivated, you?ll not only help yourself, but others too.
8. Keep gaining experience: The more you do, the more you will learn and understand. You?ll discover which tactics work best for you and which ones don?t. It?s like weeding out the garden – not the most enjoyable job in the world, but when you?re done, all that?s left are beautiful flowers. Keep sticking with it and soon it will be all flowers for you.