Are you aware of the benefits of power walking? If it is something that you are not familiar with, then you need to listen carefully. Power walking is one of the quickest ways to lose weight. It is the most natural form of exercise that people know. It involves using the entire body and that is why it is so effective in losing weight. Power walking is better for you than running because it is easy on the joints. To be quite honest, power walking is the best form of cardiovascular exercise that exists.
You are probably wondering how you can get in on power walking. Whether you are experienced or inexperienced, power walking is something that everyone should be doing. It does not matter what your age is, it can benefit you. Walking tones your entire body, from your legs, to your glutes, to your arms. Not to mention that it is a superb way to help get rid of the fat around your waistline. When you walk, you naturally add years to your life and health to your body. Power walking provides a mood lift and stimulates your entire body causing you to feel even more alive and live a better quality of life.
Here are some simple facts about power walking that everyone needs to know:
1. Always remember to walk correctly. The easiest way to do this is to land with the heel of the foot, roll through your step and bounce off with your toes. This will also to help you to quicken your step. With power walking, you will want to make sure that you are walking fast enough so that you can barely carry on a conversation. Be sure to breathe, and if it gets too uncomfortable, slow it down a bit.
2. Keep your head up when walking and lean forward slightly. By holding your head up correctly, you are setting the tone for the rest of your body. Leaning forward slightly will also help to take the pressure off of your lower back while walking. Focus on carrying out natural and focused movements.
3. Stay hydrated when walking. Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your walks. Not drinking enough water can cause cramps, which can slow you down and cause you to end up quitting too soon.
4. If you are still having trouble picking up your speed after a few weeks, then try to tighten your glute muscles as tight as you can. You would not believe how much pep this will add to your step.
5. Focus on finding your own individual walking style. Walk the way that is most comfortable for you. You know that you have found your correct walking style when your body feels relaxed and you feel no pain or injury afterwards. Everything will seem to flow naturally.
Power walks can do wonders for your body. Try to stay on top of your walking by doing it at least 5 times per week. If you are a beginner, you may want to focus on walking for 3 days a week. After a couple of weeks or a month, start by adding one extra day to your routines with each passing week until you have reached 5 days per week. You can choose to walk all 7 if you would like. Just make sure that you do not wear yourself out in the beginning. Persistence is what is going to make this work for you. If you do not do as well one day as you did before, do not be hard on yourself. As long as you stay committed, you will see the end results that you desire.